Join OUR TEAM
Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for leading the development and ongoing management of people development at CustomAir and providing operational management for all Human Resources activities. The role designs and delivers systems, processes and practices for performance management and training. The Generalist conducts research into best practices in the area of people development and HR and focuses on continuous improvement by tracking, analyzing and soliciting feedback. A main objective of the role is to build, cultivate and nurture positive organizational culture through change management, mentorship, coaching and HR leadership.
· Program Design & Delivery
· Continuous Improvement
· HR Operational Management
· Culture Leadership
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides leadership to the development and implementation of learning and development programs by:
· Conducting research into industry best practices for performance management and training programs.
· Designing and developing programs, processes and practices that motivate, challenge and engage employees.
· Coaching and counselling employees on performance management, including goal setting, developing action plans, progressive discipline strategies and terminations.
· Measuring, analyzing and adjusting programs using Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to ensure ongoing effectiveness and continuous improvement.
2. Provides leadership to the operational management of ongoing Human Resources activities by:
· Leading HR processes, activities, projects and initiatives identifying best practices and operational process improvements as needed.
· Proactively responding to employee relations issues by identifying problems and recommending solutions.
· Leading recruitment activities and initiatives, implementing effective recruiting and hiring practices to attract and retain top talent and meet resourcing needs.
· Managing various employee programs, such as new employee orientation, training, etc.
· Maintaining current knowledge of employment legislation, such as B.C Employment Standards Act and Occupational Health and Safety Regulation.
3. Provides leadership to the development and maintenance of positive organizational culture by:
· Embodying the vision, mission and values of CustomAir.
· Encouraging a team environment and creating incentives.
· Mentoring, coaching and training peers.
· Post-Secondary Education in Human Resources or Business Administration and 5 years experience in Human Resources.
· Excellent knowledge and understanding of Human Resources processes and best practices
· Excellent knowledge of relevant employment legislation
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent team building, coaching and mentoring skills
· Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to influence others
· Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately